Saturday, December 19, 2009

Heartaches Pilot 1 Storyboard: The Curly Fuzz Poodle 1

Mom, V.O." Look at this room! It's a disgrace!""Not only is it a mess, but she's got it cluttered with all these stinky, dusty old toys!"
"Holy Cripes! What the Hell is THIS goddawful thing?!! I think I'm gonna wretch! Gawd!"
"This is all your fault, Father! You encourage her! Are you ever gonna let her grow up?"
"Gimme this crappy thing! My Lord! It looks like some kinda cartoon cancer! I'm gonna do Roxy a favor and throw it in the trash!"
Dad: "You can't do that! That's her favorite doll ever! It's the Curly Fuzz Poodle from her favorite old-school cartoon show, the 'Funny Fuzzy Bunch'!"
"Old-school, my butt! Lookit this garbage, it's coming apart at the seams! It's disgusting!"
"Here take a whiff at your old school guts! Smells like those crusty tie-dye t shirts of yours you refuse to throw away! What do you two have against clean shiny new things? When are you gonna live in the modern world with the rest of us?"

"I bought her some great toys, anyway! Everyone else loves them! they're completely trendy! Now what did she do with all those? Aha!!"
"Here! Now these are beautiful! Look how smooth and floppy they are! Every normal decent girl in the world loves these! "
But, no, not Roxy! She's gotta play with 50 year old trash that's covered in dirt and cat pee!"


Dad: "Listen Dear, all I know is you better leave her toys alone. Especially that one! She loves it to death! Maybe it's dusty and stinky, but it has SOUL!"

Mom freaks out: "'Soul!!!' I've had it with 'soul!' I wanna see CLEAN! and NEW! and serious!"

"This is all your fault! You let that child get away with anything she wants! I wanna raise her to have some motivation and self respect! She could be somebody! Like me! But no, you gotta let her waste her time living in a dream world! Playing with toys, watching violent cartoons, listening to crazy rock music! Wallowing in dust! Aaaaaarghhhhh! I think I'm gonna explode spew my guts all over you! You...you...you mangy dirty ancient hippie delinquent father you!"
Dad leads her out the door" Now, now Honey, you gotta calm down. let me get your anxiety pills. Roxy's a good girl. She just isn't the serious type...."
Mom: "Grrr...mutter, mutter...grouse...."

Part 2: The Gift Of Rust

READ THE REST OF THE HEART WARMING STORY HERE